About BLAT 2019
BLAT 2019: Banaras Hindu University will be conducting BLAT 2019 in the fourth week of May 2019 for admissions to five-year integrated law programmes in the Law Faculty of BHU for the academic year 2019-20. The entrance exam of BLAT 2019 will be held offline in twenty cities of India. The BLAT 2019 is the entrance examination administered by the central university for admissions to undergraduate law programmes namely BA LLB. Candidates appearing for BLAT 2019 will need to register and fill application form of BLAT 2019 that will be available online in the fourth week of January 2019. Candidates eligible for BHU BA LLB 2019 will then be allowed to appear in BLAT entrance exam 2019 in offline mode. The Banaras Hindu University offers as many as 60 seats in their five-year law programme. Candidates could check details on BLAT 2019 admission process including important dates, eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern, results and counselling in this article. Candidates may note that the facts and figures (including the number of seats and number of participating institutes) in this article of BLAT 2019 are as per the official brochure for BHU UET released by the central university.
Overview of BLAT 2019
|Name of Examination||Banaras Hindu University Undergraduate Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||BLAT|
|Conducting body||Banaras Hindu University|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Level of Examination||National Level|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Exam Centres||Twenty (20)|
BLAT 2019 Admission Process
The candidate can only be admitted for the programme if he/she satisfies all the eligibility requirements, appears in the BLAT 2019 entrance examination, qualifies in the BLAT exam 2019 and completes all the official procedures required in the BLAT 2019 admission procedure. The BLAT 2019 admission process will begin after the BLAT 2019 results will be announced. The candidates will get an call letter issued by Head of the Department/Coordinator. The candidates may login to their respective BLAT 2019 Entrance Test Portal in the official site for downloading their BLAT call letter 2019. Information on issue of their call letter will be sent to the candidates E-mail ID. Therefore, the candidates are suggested to give their correct and active e-mail id for avoiding any delays or flaws. The candidates may note that there will be no postal dispatch of the BLAT 2019 call letter. The admission will be strictly based on the merit index obtained in the BLAT Entrance Test 2019.
BLAT Important Dates 2019
Candidates who are applying for BLAT 2019 need to know the important dates of BLAT 2019. According to the BLAT 2019 Important Dates , the admission test will be held on the last week of May 2019.
Candidates can check the events and important dates of BLAT 2019 in the table below
|Online Applications for BLAT 2019||Fourth week of January 2019|
|End of Application Form of BLAT 2019||Fourth week of February 2019|
|BLAT 2019 Admit Card||First week of March 2019|
|Conduct of BLAT 2019 offline exam||Fourth week of May 2019|
|Release of BLAT 2019 Answer Key||First week of June 2019|
|Announcement of BLAT 2019 Results||First week of June 2019|
|Issue of BLAT 2019 Merit List||Second week of June 2019|
|BLAT 2019 Counselling Schedule||July 2019|
BLAT Eligibility Criteria 2019
The candidates should go through the BLAT 2019 eligibility criteria once before applying for the online registration for the exam. The BLAT eligibility criteria 2019 lists out certain conditions and requirements that the applying candidates have to meet for them to sit for the examination process.
|Category||Minimum Qualification||Minimum Marks (in %)|
BLAT Eligibility Criteria 2019: Age Limit
There is no age bar to appear in BLAT 2019 as per the Supreme Court's stay on age bar in 2017.
BLAT Application Form 2019
Banaras Hindu University opened an online window for BLAT 2019 Application Form on fourth week of January 2019. The candidates interested in filling the application form for BLAT 2019 will need to register for BLAT 2019 admission test. Candidates will also need to submit the duly filled in BLAT application form 2019 after uploading scanned copies of photograph and signature in the specified format. Further, the candidates will also need to pay the fees for BLAT 2019 application form in the available modes. Candidates may note that no application form of BLAT 2019 can be submitted after the last date of receiving the application form.
What to Keep Ready before filling BLAT Application Form 2019?
- Before filling the application form, the candidate is suggested to keep his/her Aadhar card with himself/herself. The use of Aadhar Card for the applicants of BLAT 2019 will result in accuracy of their details. The enrollment number given in their Aadhar Card will be compulsory for the authentication of their identity.
- The applicants applying for BLAT 2019 will be needing their mobile numbers and email id whilst filling up the BLAT application form 2019 as the information about OTP and important information will be sent to either of them.
- The candidates are suggested to keep the scanned copy of their photo and signature as per instruction given in the portal and upload it in the BLAT admission form 2019 when asked.
- Credit card, Net banking or ATM-cum-Debit card are advised to be there while filling up the form online as the candidates will be asked to pay the BLAT 2019 application form fee online only.
Steps to fill the BHU BA LLB Application form 2019
Step 1: Registration on the portal
- This step involves the authentication of the aspirants’ email ID and mobile number before filling the BLAT 2019 application form.
- All the information related to BLAT 2019 admission process will be mailed to the provided mail ID and mobile numbers only. Therefore, the candidates are suggested to give their correct email IDs and numbers.
Step 2: Authentication of candidate’s identity
- Only after successful registration on the online portal, the students will be asked to fill an Authentication form for authentication of their identity.
- The candidate are, therefore, suggested to fill their names and all the other details carefully.
- The candidates who have filled up their BLAT 2019 application form after Aadhar card shall be compulsorily required to carry their Aadhar cards to the BLAT 2019 examination centres.
Step 3: Online Application Form Entry and Course Selection
- After successful authentication of their identity, the candidate will be asked to fill up the BLAT 2019 admission form and choose the course they desire for, according to their eligibility.
Step 4: Uploading photographs and signature:
- Candidates will be asked to keep scanned copies their photo and signature as per instruction given in the portal and upload it when asked.
Step 5: Payment process of BLAT 2019 Application form
- After the process of filling up the BLAT Application form 2019, click on “Confirm” and that will lead the candidates to the payment page.
- The candidates can make the payment through credit card or debit card through the payment gateway available on the official portal.
- After filling up the application form and its submission, the Challan can be printed from the portal. The printout of challan (in two folds) will contain all necessary details of the candidate and the bank account details of the Banaras Hindu University in which the entrance test fee will be deposited. The candidate will be required to visit any branch of the HDFC Bank of his/her choice (only during banking hours on any banking day) where he/she will be required to deposit the requisite Fee amount to the Bank and the bank will retain one fold of the Challan and its second fold containing the necessary Entrance Test Fee payment details will be given to the candidate. The candidate is required to retain it for his record.
Step 6: Printout of BLAT application form 2019 for the record of candidates
- After the filling of the BLAT application form 2019 and the successful payment process of application fee, the candidates are suggested to print out the online filled up form for their own record.
BLAT Application Fee 2019
The candidates will be asked to make the payments from their credit card/ debit card through the gateway available on the official portal. Therefore, they are suggested to keep the cards with themselves whilst filling up the BLAT application form 2019.
|Category||Fees (in INR)|
BLAT Exam Centres 2019
- BLAT 2019 will be held in twenty cities.
- These cities include Varanasi, Mirzapur, Gorakhpur, Lucknow, Kolkata, Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Patna, Ranchi, Bhopal, Vadodara, Guwahati, Dimapur, Kochi, Jaipur, Allahabad, Bhubaneshwar, Jhansi, Raipur.
- The candidates should keep in mind that the university can cancel any centre except Varanasi without providing any reason. Therefore, the candidates must choose the centre in their BLAT application form 2019 carefully.
- The candidates must note that the centres allotted will not be changed.
- The candidate will be allotted another centre in case of cancellation of their centre by the university.
- Blind candidates will be allotted Varansi Centre only.
BLAT Admit Card 2019
- The candidates can easily download their admit cards from the official site of the university one week prior to the date of conduct of BLAT 2019 entrance exam. The candidates will be asked to provide their unique registration ID allotted to them at the time of online submission of BLAT application form 2019.
- E-mail/SMS notification regarding loading of the Admit card will also be sent on the e-mail ID/ mobile numbers provided by the candidate. Therefore, the candidates are suggested to fill their correct e-mail IDs and mobile numbers.
- If the candidate is unable to download their admit cards till three days before the BLAT entrance exam 2019, then he/she may contact the Controller of Examination, BHU, Varanasi.
- The candidate is suggested to carefully examine the admit card that he/she gets after downloading from the online portal. In case of any discrepancy, he/she should inform the Office of the Controller of Examinations immediately. No considerations will be given, if discrepancies are not printed out timely.
- A passport photograph should be affixed in the space provided on the printout of the BLAT Admit card 2019.
- No candidate will be allowed to give BLAT entrance test 2019 without the admit card.
- The candidate is suggested to keep their admit cards for further use in the BLAT 2019 counseling process (if called for counseling).
- In addition to his/her valid Admit Card for the concerned Entrance Test issued by the University, it will be essential for a candidate to have Aadhaar Card for entry into the examination Hall. He/She must occupy only his/her allotted seat as per his/her Roll Number in the seating arrangement made for the concerned Test. Further, if any candidate have not issued his/her Aadhaar Card must carry one of the following ID proofs for entry into the examination Hall:
- Passport Number
- Ration Card Number
- Bank Account Number and
- any other valid Government ID Number
BLAT Exam Pattern 2019
The BLAT 2019 entrance exam will be held in the fourth week of May, 2019. The candidates who will get selected in BLAT entrance exam 2019 will get the chance to sit for the examination. The BLAT 2019 examination question paper will consist of 150 multiple-choice questions and the total marks will be 450.
There are twenty cities that will be allotted for BLAT 2019 entrance exam which includes cities like Varanasi, Mirzapur, Gorakhpur, Lucknow, Kolkata, Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Patna, Ranchi, Bhopal, Vadodara, Guwahati, Dimapur, Kochi, Jaipur, Allahabad, Bhubaneshwar, Jhansi, Raipur. The candidate is suggested to keep all the documents in hand, without which he/ she will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. The candidate is advised to reach half an hour before the commencement of BLAT 2019 examination to avoid any last minute delays.
The candidates must keep in mind that there shall be negative marking for every answers that are incorrect. One mark will be deducted from total obtained marks for each incorrect answer This is applicable for all the courses and candidates appearing in the BLAT entrance exam 2109. Although, three marks shall be awarded for the answers that are correct. No marks will be given to the unattempted questions.
The candidates shall be selected in order of the merit on the basis of aggregate marks secured in the BLAT 2019 entrance exam. The University, further, reserves all the rights to fix minimum marks for all the courses and/or categories.
|Subjects||Questions||Maximum Marks||Time||Duration||Marking Scheme|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||150||450||12:00 PM – 2:00 PM||2 hours||
BLAT Cutoff 2019
The Banaras Hindu University will determine the cut off of BLAT 2019 on the result of BLAT 2019. Candidates may note that BLAT 2019 cut off will the minimum marks required to secure a seat in the BA LLB programme of the university. The BLAT cut off is also considered the last rank to be admitted in the five-year integrated law programme of the university. Candidates may also note that BLAT cut off 2019 will be different for each of the categories. Candidates can check below the previous year’s cutoff of BLAT including closing marks and closing ranks for each category as mentioned in table below -
|Category||Cutoff Rank^||Cutoff Marks*|
|PH (Orthopaedically Impaired)||14||124|
|PH (visually Impaired)||22||81|
|PH (Hearing Impaired)||56||27|
*The minimum marks required for admissions in BHU BA LLB programme for the year 2018.
*The minimum marks required for admissions in BHU BA LLB programme for the year 2018.
BLAT Result 2019
The university shall try to announce the result of BLAT 2019 in the first week of June 2019. The candidates can check the BLAT result 2019 on the official site of the university. In addition, the marks obtained by the candidate will also be, further, mailed to their respective e-mail IDs or through an SMS on their respective mobile numbers. Therefore, candidates are suggested to give correct e-mail ID and mobile number.
BLAT Counselling 2019
Step 1: Online Preference Entry (on or after issue of Call Letter and before the Counseling date)
- Every candidate called for counseling for admission in a course will have to fill an Online Preference Entry form which will soon be available on candidate’s segment of the BLAT 2019 Entrance Test Portal for online purpose after they have received the password.
- In this form, a candidate is suggested to give his/her preference of the subjects.
Step 2: Activity on the day of Counseling
- The candidate is suggested to reach the BLAT Counseling 2019 venue/location prescribed in his/her Call Letter. Contact the Counseling Centre/ Venue Incharge and mark your attendance by signing the attendance sheets available with the Counseling Centre Incharge.
- Discuss with the teachers available at the Counseling Centre/Venue about the available Honours/Course Combinations [UG programmes of Faculty of Science, Arts and Social Science etc], Options of UG courses (in case common entrance test is held for admission to more than one course], locations and fee structures, availability of hostels etc. In case you want to change your preference [earlier filled up by you ONLINE), you can do at this stage. Request the Counseling Centre/Venue Incharge for change. After preference entry form is finalized, get its printout, sign it and submit it along with other required original documents at the Verification Desk.
- Preference Entry once filled will not be able to get changed. The computer will allott the seats strictly in order of the merit in the BLAT 2019 entrance test taking into the account the order of preference filled by the candidate and availability of the seats.
- In case you are already provisionally admitted, collect your Provisional Admission Letter from the Counseling Centre/ Venue Incharge at 10.00 am on the next day of Counseling. The Admission letter will show the course in which you are provisionally admitted on the date of counseling, amount of admission fee (regular fee) to be paid and deadline for fee payment. In case you are provisionally admitted to a special Course of Study or on Paid Seat, you will be required to pay the Special Course/ Paid Seat Fee in addition to regular Fee of the Course. Please checkup from the Counseling Centre Incharge about the amount, mode of payment and deadline for payment of Special Course/ Paid Seat Fee.
- After the candidate as received the provisional admission letter, he/she will have the following options to pay for the Admission fee:
- Online payment through credit card/ debit card through the payment gateway available on the Entrance Test portal.
- Payment of Fee in cash at the Fee Counters (check the location of the nearest Fee Counter at the Counseling Centre/Venue).
Step 3: Activity on the next day of the Counseling
- Candidate must submit their proof of payment of admission fee to the Counseling Centre/Venue Incharge latest by 4 pm on the next day of the Counseling.
- Ignore the above mentioned step if already paid online through credit card/debit card. In case, the candidate fails to provide the proof of their payment that will lead to the cancellation of their BLAT 2019 admission. The letter will be treated as withdrawn/cancelled.
I came across TCM by chnace, thier capacity to follow up on me as i am normally very busy helped me to make up my mind to enggage thier legal servI came across TCM by chnace, thier capacity to follow up on me as i am normally very busy helped me to make up my mind to enggage thier legal services.ices.I came across TCM by chnace, thier capacity to follow up on me as i am normally very busy helped me to make up my mind to engage their legal services.SARTHAK SRIVASTAVA (CAT-17, 89.00ile)
I enrolled for the CAT course here since Maths could be major impediment in clearing the sectional cutoffs and hence securing a call from CAT. Thanks to it, I sailed smoothly through the MATHS section and secured the coveted call.TAPIS GANGWAR (CAT-17, 95.00ile)
TCM gave me clear insight about the college I should apply for CAT 2017. His Online Test Series and the Speed Test course was of great help for my preparation. Tricks for solving maths question and clear understanding or the various topics make him the Mentor for CAT.PRATEEK PAWAR (CAT-17, 99.81ile)
TCM has really helped me in my CAT journey, I read a couple of articles on quant which really were a confidence booster. Thank you for making the concepts so much easier to grasp. I am sure many students can benefit from this course. Keep up the good work!ARPIT KATARE (CAT-17, 99.20ile)
The online test series helped me a lot in my preparation. I started CAT preparation in August 2016 and Joined your course in September. I got 99.81 percentile in CAT and whole credit goes to you. The concepts are very clear. Doubt removable classes is also helpful in clearing doubt. All these advantages are offered at nominal price.SHASHANK SAINI (CAT-17, 99.81ile)
I just checked my XAT score. Got 85.7. I would like thank you for your Maths course. Maths course is very appropriately made for mba entrance exams. Tricks for solving maths question and clear understanding or the various topics make him the Mentor for XAT.PRASHANT SINGH (XAT-18, 85.7ile)
A small Thanks giving to our AJAI sir. I am a first timer appearing in CAT. Never thought to sit for CAT even in distant dreams. had to appear due to some personal reasons. Left maths Five years back.. Though could not score a very good one.. but believe me TCM has really helped to get back my confidence.. never seen such a cool approach to problem solving.SHUBHAM GUPTA (CAT-17, 99.57ile)
First of all a huge thanks for providing such a huge stepping stone for not only me but for the other CMAT aspirants also. Your study materials and your regular classes are almost the package that a student needs to crack CMAT.AVDHESH P. SINGH (CMAT-17, 98.1ile)
TCM crash course program was immensely helpful since being in a job I had no option of joining a full time coaching. The basics of all the topics were covered and demonstrated by solving the previous year CMAT questions. The multiple ways of solving a question were enunciated perfectly by AJAI Sir. I am so much thankful for all your sessions.ARPIT K. SINGH (CMAT-17, 96.17ile)